Your search for the perfect The Easiest Chocolate Cake recipe ends here. With just 5 ingredients and one bowl, you can whip up this moist, rich, and decadent chocolate cake in less than 45 minutes Chocolate Cake!
Mix it all together
To make a The Easiest Chocolate Cake, first mix 2 cups of all-purpose flour with 2 cups of sugar. Stir in 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt, then add 3/4 cup vegetable oil and 3 large eggs. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup warm water until it’s all mixed together.
- Pour it into a greased 9-by-13 baking pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes. Let it cool in the pan, then frost with your favorite icing.
- Serve it with ice cream or whipped cream for a dessert that tastes decadent but isn’t bad for you! It makes 8 servings.
- The best chocolate cake recipe ever! This simple and easy cake is so moist and delicious. Your family will love it! Plus, you can make it in about 30 minutes start to finish!
Bake it in the oven
If you want to make your chocolate cake recipe really easy, bake it in a pan. There are lots of options here. If you have a glass or metal pan, go ahead and bake it right in there. You can even try baking it in a frying pan. If you don’t have one of these pans, just line your oven with aluminum foil and then put that baby in there.
I’ve done all three of these methods and they’re super easy to do. Just make sure you have some cake mix on hand. Don’t forget to preheat your oven too! If you haven’t already, get your self a cheap-o oven thermometer and put it in there so you know what temperature your oven is really running at. You can check out my frugal alternatives to expensive kitchen gadgets if you want to know more about that.
- One big pro tip I have is that if you want to make it look fancy, you can sprinkle your cake with powdered sugar. This will make it look like you spent a lot of time making it look awesome, but really all you’re doing is sprinkling some cheap stuff on top.
- The most important thing here is to make sure you have an oven thermometer and that your oven is fully preheated before you put your cake in there. You can find a cheap one on Amazon or at any hardware store. They’re really cheap and they help keep your oven running at just temperature, which makes a huge difference when you’re trying to bake anything.
- After you bake it, let it cool in your cake pan or on a cooling rack. Once it’s cool, you can decorate it with frosting if you want or just eat it plain. If you decide to add frosting to your cake, I suggest using a frugal alternative that works just as well as name brand stuff. You can find several options in my list of frugal alternatives to expensive kitchen gadgets.
Let it cool down before you eat it
Part of what makes cakes so yummy is their hot, gooeyness. If you like that as much as we do, you’ll want to take it out of your oven as soon as possible after taking it out of your oven. But if you think cake tastes better when it cools down a bit first (and let’s be honest – who doesn’t?), resist digging in immediately and try leaving it on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before eating it.
Another option is to bake it in a slow cooker, which basically does most of your work for you. The cake cooks over several hours, so all you have to do is mix up your ingredients and let it sit until it’s done. It’s perfect if you want a homemade treat without any fuss or effort!
Now Lets Go to Eat
You can also use your slow cooker to help you make coffee, too. Just add grounds and hot water, then turn it on low until it’s brewed (usually 4 to 8 hours). You can even mix in milk, sugar and flavorings before brewing if you like.
Leftover coffee can be frozen, too. Once you’ve brewed your coffee and it’s cooled down a bit, pour it into ice cube trays (yes, really!). When they’re frozen, pop them out and store them in an airtight container or freezer bag. You can then use your coffee cubes whenever you want a quick brew of coffee without waiting for hours!
One of our favorite slow cooker treats is peach cobbler. Simply mix peaches with cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar before mixing in a bit of flour to thicken. Place it all in your slow cooker (with some water) for about 6 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high. When it’s done, you can top it with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream or even a drizzle of caramel. What a delicious treat!
Fruit Cake Flavour
Fruit cake is rich and gooey, with a slight hint of rum. To add these unique flavours to your chocolate cake, mix in 2 cups of chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup dark rum once you’ve poured all your batter into your cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Once your cake has finished baking, let it cool completely. Once cooled, remove from cake pan. Frost and decorate with fruits of your choice.
The final touch to your cake is to top it with whatever fruits you like. I’ve chosen fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries for mine. It’s important to choose fruits that are at their peak so that they look as fresh as possible on your cake.
Cream Cake Special
Sure, there are plenty of chocolate cake recipes out there. But most require a handful of ingredients, several steps and a fancy mixer. And if you use boxed mixes, you’re probably looking at spending well over an hour in your kitchen. Don’t get us wrong—we love boxed mixes (we’ve certainly been known to indulge in Betty Crocker one too many times), but sometimes all we really want is a delicious dessert that doesn’t take hours to prepare.
This simple chocolate cake recipe only requires a handful of ingredients and no fancy mixer. It’s so easy to make, you’ll have time to relax while it bakes. Your mouth will be watering as soon as you start mixing—and once you bite into your first piece, we promise you won’t be able to wait for seconds!
Even better? It makes great leftovers. In fact, you can enjoy it two days in a row! Just re-heat slices of cake in an oven or toaster oven until they’re warmed through and serve them with fresh fruit for dessert. You can even use leftover pieces to create decadent treats like chocolate cake french toast or trifle.
1 thought on “The Easiest Chocolate Cake Recipe Ever”
Pingback: Butter is healthy or not? - My Blog